Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Interview with Joey Tan: Rapala's Asia Pacific Team's Female Angler

Rapala Insider recently interviewed Joey Tan, a familiar face in the a male-dominated sport of lure fishing and the sole female angler in the Rapala Asia Pacific Team. Joey started to have a 'fan' base of her own after appearing in Rapala Fishing Adventures DVD. Here's a little bit of info about her...


Q: Firstly... how young are you??
A: Shhhh..... Hey u !!!

Q: What got you interested in fishing?
A: Curiosity. I had my first fishing experience when I was studying in Perth. I was curious about fishing. When I was in perth , I saw people fly fishing & casting, not just bait fishing and soaking bait, and was curious about the actions in fishing. It triggered me wanting to know more about fishing. Just happened to have a friend who loves fishing and who gave me a crash course on all types of fishing except fly fishing



Q: Did you spend lots of money on tackle like most anglers do?
A: Yes,I was assassinated ! Spent tons of money on rods, tackle, reels, trips, etc... didn't even have money to shop for my own stuff.

Q: Whats the most expensive tackle that you own?
A: A Shimano Stella 8000PG... but I pawned it.

Q: Where's your favourite fishing destination for now?
A: Pekan , Malaysia as I couldn't afford a further destination.

Q: How did you join the Rapala Asia Pacific Team?
A: I was scouted haha... just kidding! I used to hang around Beach Rd (a local fishing tackle locale in Singapore ) very often and so happened one of the anglers there introduced me to Fred Goh. At that time, Rapala was looking around for a female angler and I got introduced to him.

Q: What do you like most fishing with the Rapala Asia Pacific Team on outings?
A: Being treated like a princess on board the boat, that I felt like a bimbo!! That's not a compliment to a female angler by the way.


Q: Share with us your experience when filming Rapala Fishing Adventures?
A: Initially I didn't like it because I felt uncomfortable

Q: In what sense?
A: Who likes to have a camera in their face?! Eyeing ur every moves ??!! Subsequently I couldn't care less anymore. I just wanna get my fish!!

Q: Any memorable moments?
A: More of embarrassing moments! .. Swearing in front of the camera when I lost my fish! Oops! *censored* So "tak glam"! 

Q: What is your biggest fish landed?
A: Sailfish from Rompin

Q: Favourite specie of fish?
A: GT & Parrotfish...for now. More to come!

Q: Whats your favourite Rapala lure?
A: X-Rap

Q: Are you attached?
A: No. I am very much single and available. Hahaha! Does that matter?

Q: Are you looking for an angler boyfriend then?
A: That would be ideal!!


OK guys... what are you waiting for? 


No comments:

Post a Comment