Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chinese New Year Grouper

Here I am back again at our Grouper hole. This time with Jeffroman in action. It was close to Chinese New Year and since there was nothing much to do - what else than to pop down to our spot 5 mins away from my home. The tide was just about right and we began casting our lures. Soft plastics were the order of the day and in quick succession we got a few tiddlers on the SPs. Jeffroman was using his Berkley Gulp while I stuck to my faithful Storm Wildeye SP. Since I didnt have the red tail ones already which were killer - I settled for the white/pearl one which resembled the anchovies (ikan bilis) which should work...

All the groupers were released ... lucky them... since it was Chinese New Year I'm sure the folks back home would not have mind steamed grouper. But we're nice people...aren't we Jeff? ;)

Happy Chinese New Year!

Small is beautiful no?


The dark patches on the grouper are lighter on the little ones

Fish of the day: A snapper on SP!

Very nice indeed!


The last fish of the day - close to 800gms on Bleeding Shad Rap


No comments:

Post a Comment