Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hari Raya Celebration with Peacock Bass

D1: Selamat Hari Raya to all Muslim friends! Today FG, YH and myself had a wonderful time with some Peacock Bass action. I'll let FG do the storytelling...

FG: We were suppose to meet at 5:30am this morning, but since it was raining, we decided to carry on in Dreamland and postpone our trip to the afternoon. Afternoon came and off we went to recce for some places to fish. Fishing was slow in the afternoon - nothing to shout about except that I lost a lure to the tree, which is pretty common. (D1: definitely not as common as me, I've lost count of lost lures that way!)

We then decided to fish at this fishy looking spot underneath a spreading tree. My very first cast using a Twitchin' Rap aroused the interest of a pack of hungry Peacock Bass that went after the lure. OMG, I know we are in for a good time! On the second cast, I let the Twitchin' Rap sink a little further before working an aggressive twitching action. The line tightened and Yes!! The first Peacock Bass of the day was caught. After some photo-taking and releasing of the fish, I let YH work the same spot, and soon enough, he was rewarded with a bigger fish! D1 was next on the line and he produced another good fish on the X-Rap 8. In total, we caught about 6 nice Peacock Bass within a short span of time before the action slowed down.

A fruitful Hari Raya outing indeed!

Twitchin' Rap rulez!

Chartreuse colour got a lot of hits

Aren't they beautiful?

Nice and fat

Also on a Twitchin' Rap

Notice the beautiful markings

This one gave an impressive bend on the fly stick

No comments:

Post a Comment