Sunday, July 5, 2009

I FINALLY BROKE MY EGG!

After months and months of unfruitful trips, (not that there were many to begin with since I was literally buried with work!) I was starting to feel if my trip results were in tandem with the global economic outlook. 

Each time I had the opportunity to take a breather from work and wet a line, I'd anticipate with hope to land something significant to buoy my mental-well being a bit, before I start to see numbers in everything (similar to Matrix) just by staring at my work computer over long periods of time. Unfortunately each trip kept yielding zilch in terms of results. Dry spell or is it a problem with the angler? Food for thought...

Nevertheless, it was a nice and overcast Sunday today and YH & FG were going fishing. Would I refuse? I needed a break - quite literally... to break my EGG! (Asian slang for '0' fishing results).  
But as we were approaching the fishing spot after 1.5hrs of travel, it started to rain! And did it RAIN! But being the macho (or is it foolish?) men we were, we fished in the rain without much drama. 

Plopped an X-Rap right in front of this weedy patch near the bank and out of the weeds a little black shadow charged out and grabbed the lure before leaping out of the water to shake the lure loose. Too bad - it wasnt successful and the little Haruan was winched in and quickly released after some mugshots. YES!!!! I finally broke my EGG spell! All thanks to God for taking pity on me and blessing me after countless fishless trips! Ok, so it wasnt something big to shout about but still... the EGG has been broken!!! 

Walking along further, there was another patch of weed and so repeated steps by placing the X-Rap next to the patch. This time it had a bit more weight and took out some line from the reel. Turned out to be the elusive Mr T from the Peacock Bass family! And the colouration was beautiful! Just after it had its mugshot taken, it seemed as if Mr T had a mind of its own for revenge. It gave a big struggle that loosened my grip and in a way that would easily outdo the China National Diving Team, did a triple somersault and landed perfectly with all its dorsal fins jammed into my foot! ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Good thing I was in a good mood and the fish swamp away happily after being revived and released. Otherwise.... *I'll leave it to your imagination* :)




The two beauties... Mr T & Curado 200E with sexy Sufix line


Beautiful.... just beautiful.... so... BEAUTIFUL!

Smiling now.. but I dont think I was smiling 1 minute after this photo was taken

Check out the swollen foot with the dorsal spine marks. At least I know Mr T has 10 sharp dorsal spines!


3 comments:

  1. dude, i accidentally found your blog and thought i might as well have a read... and what can i say, but congradulate and express my condolence all at the same time... :) cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. brother..may i know which sufix line you are using??can recommend a bit??

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a few good Sufix lines out there. Performance braid is pretty good for all round casting

    ReplyDelete